Today we have author Stephanie Burkhart visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Stephanie Burkhart is a 911 dispatcher for LAPD. She was born and raised in Manchester, New Hampshire. She served 11 years in the US Army and currently calls Castaic, California her home. Stephanie was married in Denmark in 1991 and has two young sons. She adores chocolate and is addicted to coffee. She writes paranormal, contemporary, and steampunk romance and has two children’s books published with 4RV Publishing.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Romanian unification is on the horizon and the spirited Crown Princess of Carpathia, Caroline, would prefer to ride horses and archery to embroidery and dancing. Complicating her life is her recent discovery that she’s a witch.
* Prince Stefan Sigmaringen travels to Carpathia to meet Caroline. He discovers he has much in common with her. He also learns that a strange man, Timon, has an unnatural interest in him.
* Upon Stefan’s engagement, he overhears his mother confessing to a horrible secret – she cursed him in order to conceive him and Stefan will become a werewolf when he turns eighteen. There is a condition to overcome the curse, but it will require Stefan to draw on all his inner strength and Caroline, her courage. Can they break the foul enchantment and secure their future or will Stefan give himself over to the lupine curse that haunts his family?
~ Excerpt ~
* He ground his teeth and tugged her so close her lips crushed against his. His manhood pressed her thigh, and it thrilled her. Yet she was afraid. Is this how it was for a married couple? This insatiable craving that couldn’t be tamed?
* A howl broke through the night air, shattering the intensity of the moment.
* Stefan pushed Caroline to the ground and covered her with his body. His lips brushed her ear. “Use your senses.”
* She nodded.
* Wood cracked, and she glanced at the old wooden gate. The hinges snapped, and the door flew off its frame into the courtyard. Two men walked through, their yellow eyes giving away their presence in twilight’s gray shadows.
* Juris and Timon.
* “Damn,” Stefan muttered. He stood, fisting his hands. “Run, Caroline.”
* She sat up and adjusted her dress, not prepared to abandon the man who had given her such pleasure. A powerful connection existed between her and Stefan. She wouldn’t turn and run at the first sight of danger.
* “Feeling a little lusty, are we? So sorry to interrupt.” Timon’s voice was edged in steel. “Juris wants to watch.”
* Thank God Caroline had nistal root with her. She plunged a hand into her pocket, pulled out a small pouch, and dug out some of the powder. She threw it on the ground. “Flame to life!”
* A bright light rose in the air and quickly flamed out. No way could Michael miss it. They needed his help.
* Stefan pounced on Juris, and the two of them tumbled over each other. Caroline was unsure what to do next. Timon crossed his arms as Stefan and Juris fought. Juris forcefully shoved Stefan away, and he struck his head on the wooden barrier. His eyes glazed over.
Thank you for joining us here today, Stephanie Burkhart! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Stephanie Burkhart will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!