Today we have author Kimberlie L. Faye visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* She’s an avid reader and writer and finally took the plunge into indie writing/publishing. She has found the experience rewarding and life-changing. Some of her favorite genres to read are urban fantasy, historical romance, and suspense. She has a fascination with Greek mythology.
* Kimberlie lives in New England with her soul mate, two beautiful daughters, a dog, two needy cats, and a plethora of chickens.
* Oh, and she likes chocolate.
A look into Crashing Hard in the Down and Dirty anthology
~ Blurb ~
* He’s a lifesaver
* EMT Ryan Murphy is smart, sexy, and arrogant when it comes to his job and his personal life. Saving lives and looking hot while doing it isn’t always easy or glamorous. No one is immune to his charms except for one stubborn and uptight nurse, and he’d love nothing more than to get under more than just her skin.
* She’s a lifesaver
* Helena Carter is an experienced emergency room nurse and can handle any situation with calm, stalwart determination but just hearing Ryan’s husky voice is enough to make her look like it’s her first day on the job. He may be irresistible but she isn’t going to admit that fact to anyone else, especially him. He’s cocky, sarcastic, and nothing she’s interested in. Besides, the last thing she wants is a relationship right now, right? She fell in love once before and was taken for all she had. She’s not about to make the same mistake again. At least, that’s what she keeps telling herself.
* After one scorching night of passion leads to a few misunderstandings, could the delicate pulse of their relationship come to a lethal halt? Can they get past this or will the new romance take a turn for the worse and crash hard?
~ Excerpt ~
* Ryan waved over to the waiter, who winked and held his finger up and mouthed one minute. Ryan gave him a thumbs up. “I’m gonna order a real pizza.”
* Helena’s eyes widened. “What would a real pizza consist of in your book?”
* The white tips of his perfect teeth tugged on his plush bottom lip before he answered. What she wouldn’t give to tug on his lip with her own teeth. “Extra pepperoni, extra mozzarella cheese, and well done. I don’t like my toppings slipping off my pizza.” He winked again, and she smiled despite herself. No matter how many times he winked at her, it never got old.
* “Well, I’ll have what you’re having. Hawaiian pizza is just…yuck.”
* The waiter sauntered over to Ryan’s side and leaned in close to him. “What can I get for you? Your order is my command.”
* Helena watched with rapt fascination as Ryan ordered, seemingly oblivious to the fact the waiter was flirting with him.
* “You got it, hun.” The waiter waggled an eyebrow at him before strolling away.
* “What? You look surprised by something.” Ryan crossed his arms and stretched his long, thickly muscled legs just under the table. He fidgeted, and his leg rhythmically tapped hers until she grabbed his thigh under the table. He stopped and ran his large, warm hand over hers on his thigh.
* “You…your leg is banging mine,” she stammered.
* He moved quick and whispered in her ear, “Is there something else you’d like me to bang instead?”
* Her stomach flipped, and heat suffused her entire body. She squeezed his thigh and pulled her hand away and cleared her throat. “The waiter was flirting with you.”
* “Yeah, so what?” He stretched his arms behind his head and was sitting back, relaxed with outstretched legs, and Helena wondered, for a split second, what it would be like to straddle him on the seat.
* Helena took a nice, big gulp of her ice cold beer. She couldn’t get her mind out of the gutter when she was around him. “It didn’t make you feel uncomfortable?”
* Ryan shook his head. “No, why would it? I’m flattered but not interested in him.” His mug froze part way to his lips, and his eyes widened. “You thought I would be rude or offended by his interest?”
* Helena fidgeted in her seat. He was right, of course. She did think he would be an asshole about it. She looked down and picked at the invisible lint on her pants. “Uh, yeah, I guess I did think you would be rude,” she sighed and smiled sheepishly, “I’m sorry.”
* His grin made her heartbeat quicken. “You’re forgiven as long as you help me eat this pizza.” The flirty waiter placed the pizza down with a flourish and perched his hands on his hips.
* Ryan’s eyes widened. “Wow, that was fast.”
* “Like I said, hon, your wish is my command.” He raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow in Helena’s direction. “You’re a lucky girl.”
* “Oh, we’re not together.” She reached over to take a slice of pizza and almost knocked over her beer, catching it before it soaked everything on the table.
* The waiter pointed at her and bent toward her as if to impart some secret information. “Well, you should be because he is hawt.”
* Ryan coughed. “Umm, I’m right here and can hear you.”
* The cheeky waiter turned with a flourish and walked away with the expertise of a runway model and muttered over his shoulder, “I know you can hear me.”
* “Then can you bring us some hot pepper flakes?” Ryan and Helena spoke at almost the same time. They started to laugh, and the waiter whistled low and walked away to retrieve a bottle of red pepper flakes from a recently vacated table.
* Helena dragged a steaming slice of pizza onto her plate without almost spilling or knocking over anything and thanked the waiter when he handed the bottle to her. She sprinkled the flakes all over her slice. “You’re not what I expected, Ryan.”
* He bumped his shoulder into hers. “So does that mean you like me?”
* She winked at him and gave him a sly smile. “Maybe?” She caught Rosa’s wide-eyed expression and held back a giggle. She never giggled. Giggling was for little girls but after a large beer, she was giggling like a school girl. Yeah, she was flirting with the last guy she should be, but what could it hurt? She was an adult and had every right to lead on whoever she wanted. Heaven knew Ryan did, didn’t he?
* “Well, I like a woman who isn’t afraid of eating something spicy.” He nodded his head at her slice of pizza, almost covered entirely with a layer of hot pepper flakes.
* A chunk of hot cheese bathed in tomato sauce landed with a thump on her left breast before she even got a bite to her mouth. She looked down at it with a wince. It was hard to be flirty and sexy when you had a clump of hot cheese searing a hole through your shirt and bra. It might as well be lava and she bit her lip and resisted the urge to swear profusely and yank her shirt off. She’d have to grin and bear it and deal with the first degree burn later.
* “I’d be more than happy to lick that off your shirt.” Ryan’s husky murmur caressed the shell of her ear and tickled her ear drum. Goosebumps erupted all over her and suddenly the idea of yanking her shirt off didn’t sound half bad.
* She bit back a smile and took the napkin he offered to her and wiped the mess off her shirt. “I’m sure laundry detergent will do the job just fine.” She dipped a napkin into her ice water and wiped the cheese off, and a red sauce stain was left behind, bright and obnoxious. “I can’t seem to eat anything without wearing it.”
~ Down and Dirty anthology ~
* Get in, get down…and get filthy with these sexy, hardworking, blue-collar heroes who don’t mind when things get a little dirty while at work or at play. This collection of 22 brand new stories from USA Today and International Best-Selling authors is full of scorching hot romance tales that will be sure to leave you breathless for more. These men work hard, and play even harder.
* From cops to mechanics, and miners to brewmasters, they aren’t afraid to go all in. At the end of the day, when they find the woman who completes them, they learn that love and life can be just as messy as their day job…and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Featuring stories from: Lori King, Maia Dylan, Sarah Marsh, Elena Kincaid, Cecile Tellier, London Saint James, Bella Settara, Rose Nickol, RL Merrill, Ashley Malkin, Lucy Felthouse, Scarlett J. Rose, Sydney Lea, CR Moss, Samantha A. Cole, Danielle James, Ava Campbell, Eva Moore, Kimberlie L. Faye, Sabrina Sol, Nikki Prince, and Mia Hopkins! Visit the Facebook Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Kimberlie L. Faye! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.