Today we have author Helga Zeiner visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Helga Zeiner is a German born Canadian author. She left her home town Augsburg at age eighteen to explore the world. In the following fourteen years she has lived and worked in Australia and Asia, writing in her spare time. Several of her thrilling novels have been on the Amazon bestseller list and enjoy an enthusiastic fan base. She now lives with her husband on a country estate in the wilderness of British Columbia, devoting all her time to writing.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* Carola’s life is perfect – or so it seems. Her husband, her friends, her staff don’t see the emptiness of a loveless existence. Every day is the same, until the day when she has enough. Without warning she leaves her home country of Germany to start a new life in the Canadian wilderness.
* But she is not equipped to handle the hardships of a lonely existence in a remote cabin. A five-day snowstorm brings her close to her breaking point. Searching for means to survive, she discovers the written confession of the previous cabin owner who wants to clear his conscience by admitting to a terrible sin he committed involving a girl called Rose.
* When the storm subsides, Carola begins to ask questions but nobody is willing to talk. Nobody wants to tell what happened to Rose, but Carola becomes obsessed with finding out the truth.
* Will Rose finally get justice? If you love mystery and suspense, with an added romance bonus, this new novel by an Amazon bestselling author will keep you turning the pages all night long.
~ Excerpt ~
* “I don’t want to impose on you.” Carola cringed inside. What a half-baked comment. Had she totally lost it now? “I mean, I’d be really grateful. I don’t know what to do. There is no cell reception.”
* He finally let go of her eyes, marched to his parked pickup, and when she didn’t follow he called over his shoulder. “Hop in. No point in catching a cold.”
* Get in the car with a stranger? On an empty country road, miles from the next village? No witnesses. A quick city girl film ran through her mind. He would drive her God knows where, do God knows what to her. Leave her dying on a remote stretch of wilderness, cover her with fresh snow that would freeze into a solid mountain overnight. They wouldn’t find her body until spring.
* He walked back to her. “You’re new here?”
* That was the catch question. A visitor without any local attachments, how sweet was that for a rapist. A killer. Probably a serial killer. He preyed on victims of accidents. The way he looked at her. She’d passed inspection.
* “I live close by. Just up the road. With my friends. You may know them.” She hated how desperate her voice sounded.
* “Don’t be scared of me.” He reached into his pocket, handed her his card. Jason Golden, of Golden Real Estate. “That’s me. Jason. Everybody knows me around here. Put it in the glove compartment of your car. If I drag you into the woods, at least the community knows it was me again.”
Buy What Happened to Rose here…
Thank you for joining us here today, Helga Zeiner! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Helga Zeiner will be awarding a $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!