Today we have author Maia Dylan visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Maia Dylan lives, loves and works in beautiful New Zealand. She married her best friend and they have two adorable, but stubborn children who obviously take after their father.
* Maia’s career has featured a lot of travel, and she has filled her time at airports and in the air with books, books and more books. Her love of erotic paranormal romance has seen her amass a huge library. She has been an avid reader and lover of ménage romances since she read her first book in this genre about three years ago.
* Outside of writing, Maia loves to eat, so she loves to cook! Her herb garden is legendary, but she still has issues getting tomatoes to grow. She’s been a performer for years, and has even sung on international stages, she would love to own a classic Ford Mustang one day and of course have the opportunity to race it on a race track without fear of a speeding ticket.
* Although ultimately her dream is to be able to write full time on a sandy beach with a Mai Tai at hand, she is quite happy to fit her writing in when she can. As long as someone reads her books, gets a laugh and maybe come to love her characters and much as she does, then she feels that she is living her dreams no matter what!
~ More about Maia Dylan & Dancing with Fire ~
Q: Every book is special to an author. What is it about this book that makes it special for you?
* A: This is my first attempt at a contemporary ménage. The story came to me one night when I was working on a book in my Grey River series, and the characters wouldn’t let up until I had finished their story.
Q: Sometimes things happen when you are writing a series that wasn’t expected at all. Have you had this happen to you?
* A: Heaps! I am not a planner. I am a write-by-the-set-of-your-panties kinda girl. There have been moments where I will finish up a scene and be like WTF? I did not see that coming! This story came from an image I saw when trawling through Facebook one night and a few weeks later, Lucabella, Hayden and Zac’s story was born!
Q. Why do you always include a danger element to your books?
* A. I write what I love to read. I love books that take you on a journey, but where the characters face a challenge that adds an element of urgency to them and to the book. As a reader, there is nothing I like more than getting that goose bump, hair rising on the back of my neck feeling as I join the characters within the book I am reading on the journey to solve their mystery. I want to give that to my readers.
Q. What are you working on at the moment?
* A. I have book nine of the Grey River series, book two in a new paranormal series is underway and another little ditty I am writing for a ménage anthro. There is also a new Shifter Ménage series coming soon. Soooo many stories to tell, so little time!
Q. Do you have anything to say to your current readers or to those that haven’t yet read you work?
* A. If you have read any of my books, thank you so very much! It blows my mind that someone has actually read something that I wrote, but gosh I hope you enjoyed it! Did you? Please let me know, I find I suffer from a slight case of needy-nelly with my writing. If you haven’t read my book, but you love erotic romance stories between strong men and an independent woman, where the path to their happily ever after can be a bumpy one, but there is always a happily ever after, and their love and laugher is real on every page, then you’ll find my books right up your alley!
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* There is always a risk of being burned when you dance with fire…
* Lucabella Strand is tired of waiting for the Firestone playboys to honor her request for a meeting. Raising rents, and hiring a musclebound douche-bag as a building manager to threaten and torment them is not how reasonable landlords treat their tenants.
* Zac and Hayden Firestone have no idea they even own a residential building, and when Bella accuses them of unfair treatment they immediately deny it. Until she shows them her proof. She leaves both men reeling, but believing that she might be the one meant for them. Seeing her for the second time leaves them in shock.
* A misunderstanding and a hidden secret quickly come between them, and finding a way back together proves difficult. Will taking a chance and dancing with fire lead Bella to a future she had never thought she’d have, or will she be burned by love and left alone?
***erotic romance, MFM, Contemporary, anal sex***
~ Excerpt ~
* “Fine, I’ll tell you and risk the swelled heads I know it is going to give you both. This past week has been fantastic, and I love that we are getting to know each other slowly. But you have to know that the two of you are pretty potent in the arousal building department, and I have learned that I turn into quite the potty mouth when I am sexually frustrated.”
* Zac leaned in with a growl and placed an open mouthed kiss on her neck. “Damn, that is good to hear. I go home every damn night harder than I have ever been, and have to take matters into my own hands, if you catch my drift.”
* Bella gasped, her heart rate speeding up.
* Hayden growled as he leaned in and pressed a similar kiss on the opposite side of her neck. Bella moaned and dropped her head back, immediately granting them both better access. “Fuck, Bella. Beautiful, beautiful Bella. It’s not our heads that are swelling at your admission.” He reached down and gently took her hand, tugging it gently and placing it in his lap.
* “Oh, God,” Bella moaned at the feel of his erection behind the zipper of his suit pants. She squeezed him in her hands, eliciting a groan of approval from Hayden, and wanting to hear Zac, she reached over with her free hand to do the same to him.
* “Fuck,” Zac growled against her skin before she felt his teeth pressing gently on either side of the tendon that ran down the side of her neck.
* “Baby, we have been giving you time, and if you need more, then we will stop everything right now and back off.” Hayden’s voice was thick with arousal.
* Before she could change her mind, or get so lost in them both she ended up naked with them on her damn couch, she pushed to stand up in front of them. The looks of disappointment that filled their expressions morphed quickly to understanding, and Bella felt the last part of her heart, the tiny part she had been holding back from the two of them, become theirs. She was in love with them both.
* She held out a hand to each of them. “My bed is not big. It’s only a queen size. But I think among the three of us we can find a way to make it work.”
© MAIA DYLAN, EVERNIGHT PUBLISHING, 2016
Thank you for joining us here today, Maia Dylan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.