Today we have author M. D. Presley visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Never passing up the opportunity to speak about himself in the third person, M.D. Presley is not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. Born and raised in Texas, he spent several years on the East Coast and now waits for the West Coast to shake him loose. His favorite words include defenestrate, callipygian, and Algonquin. The fact that monosyllabic is such a long word keeps him up at night.
A look into…
~ Blurb ~
* A fantasy reimagining of the American Civil War that pits muskets against magic, massive war machines against mind readers, and glass sabers against soldiers in psychic exoskeletons.
* In exile since the civil war, former spy and turncoat Marta Childress wants to quietly live out her remaining days in the West. But then her manipulative brother arrives with one final mission: Transport the daughter of a hated inventor deep into the East. Forced to decide between safely delivering the girl and assassinating the inventor, Marta is torn between ensuring peace or sparking a second civil war.
~ Excerpt ~
* The man waiting for her was entirely nondescript, his suit a few years old, eyes and hair a burnished brown that matched his well-trimmed mustache. He would have blended in with any crowd, just another anonymous face, but the crook in his nose gave Carmichael away. It had been two years since Marta last beheld her brother, but she recognized him instantly despite his disguise.
* Her anger immediately roiled to a boil, burning away the effects of the alcohol as the perfect clarity of rage roared within her. Her fourth Breath also flared to life, begging to be released. Straightaway, Armor plans filled her head: a club to stave his skull in, claws to tear out his throat, or even the serpentine tongue that had shattered his nose all those years ago. Some part of Marta’s mind clinically noted there would be a certain symmetry to that act as her Breath again implored her to be released to wreak havoc.
* The Blessed Breath remained in her chest though, Marta incapable of releasing it now. Carmichael had seen to that when last they met.
* “Are you going to continue to gawp like a provincial on her first trip to town or can we conduct our business inside?”
* His voice was familiar, always soft, but demanding attention. Yet there was something new to it, a further depth to his indifference Marta had not encountered before as she stepped aside to allow him entrance. If she did not acquiesce willingly, he would be forced to force her.
Buy The Woven Ring here…
Thank you for joining us here today, M. D. Presley! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! M. D. Presley will be awarding to a randomly drawn commenter a handcrafted silver ring! So be sure to leave a comment AND use this RAFFLECOPTER LINK to enter the drawing. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!